Home - Truth In Advertising
We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering consumers to protect themselves against false and deceptive marketing.
Actived: Sunday Mar 7, 2021
Earth Day 2020: Companies Accused of Greenwashing | Truth ...
Posted: (0 seconds ago) A description on the back of Tide purclean laundry detergent read: “A powerful, plant-based clean you can feel good about.” But how would you feel if the laundry detergent was only 75 percent plant-based and the remaining 25 percent consisted of non-plant-based ingredients, including some derived from petroleum?
Medicare Coverage Helpline | Truth In Advertising
Posted: (0 seconds ago) Editor’s Note: Updates have been posted at the end of this article. With heath care uncertainty front and center in the news of late, an advertisement by the Medicare Coverage Helpline alerting consumers about extra benefits, such as hearing, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, certainly sparks interest.
Balance of Nature | Truth In ... - Truth In Advertising
Posted: (0 seconds ago) Editor’s Note: Updates have been posted at the end of this article. Why stop at an apple a day? To truly keep the doctor away, take Balance of Nature, which boasts that its phytonutrient-rich supplements contain a prodigious 10 servings of fruits and vegetables per pill.
Offer for an Amazon Gift Card in Exchange for Review ...
Posted: (0 seconds ago) “It’s unwise to incentivize positive skewed consumer reviews,” the FTC wrote. in a business blog in April 2019.. Companies are understandably hesitant to admit when they’ve compensated customers to write positive reviews.
Hoover’s Made in USA Claims | Truth In Advertising
Posted: (0 seconds ago) Score another one for the fine print. Editor’s Note: Updates have been posted at the end of this article. Ads that take viewers inside American factories to show American workers talking about American manufacturing are not hard to come by these days.
Keystone RV Company's Climate Guard, Polar Package | Truth ...
Posted: (0 seconds ago) For Keystone RV Company’s Climate Guard to perform as advertised, the weather has to cooperate. It can be extremely hot or extremely cold but if it’s too humid or too windy and something goes awry, like, say, the pipes in your camping trailer freeze and crack, you may have a hard time trying to get Keystone to fix the problem.
Lands' End “Made in the USA” Claims | Truth In Advertising
Posted: (0 seconds ago) December 2016: A federal judge granted. final approval of the settlement. April 2016: A federal judge granted preliminary approval of the settlement. A final fairness hearing is scheduled for November 29, 2016. February 2016: The parties moved for preliminary approval of a settlement of this lawsuit. According to the proposed settlement terms, class members may receive a full refund for ...
Six Deceptive Ads Targeting Seniors | Truth In Advertising
Posted: (0 seconds ago) Seniors may be targeted by advertisements claiming they can get more out of their Social Security if they just pay to learn this one trick.And while that’s sort of true — there are ways seniors can maximize their Social Security income — many of those tips are available for free elsewhere on the web.That “one trick” the ad promises may not be applicable to your situation, or it may ...
Monster Energy Car Wraps | Truth In Advertising
Posted: (0 seconds ago) TINA.org reader Wendy L. was excited when someone texted her about an opportunity to make “$800 per week” by advertising Monster Energy. The marketing stunt was strange (but perhaps not out of the realm of possibility for an energy drink company – see Red Bull space jump): wrap her car in a Monster banner, thereby “turning it into a mobile billboard.”
Windows USA/Alaskan Windows Systems | Truth In Advertising
Posted: (0 seconds ago) In July 2016, a class-action lawsuit. was filed against Windows USA and Alaskan Window Systems and other related companies for allegedly perpetuating “a fraud and a scam” in the sales and financing of windows.. For example, plaintiffs claim that the companies: misleadingly promise customers who install the windows immediately save 60-70% on their monthly home electric bills when they do not;
What Extra Ingredients are in Your Natural Stevia Product ...
Posted: (0 seconds ago) Stevia. can be a great natural sugar substitute, but many stevia products contain other ingredients you may not be aware of.. Stevia has gained popularity as a sweetener because it is plant-derived, calorie-free, and doesn’t carry a glycemic load. It sometimes has a slightly bitter aftertaste, but it is many times sweeter than cane sugar, so a small amount goes a long way.